75th Guards Forum Index 75th Guards
75th Guards Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

75th Guards Retired

View previous topic :: View next topic  
coldwind
Squad C.O. / Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: 75th Guards Retired Reply with quote

Fellows Guards and friends, this e-mail serves as notice that the 75th Guards is being retired from World War Two Online for the foreseeable future. This decision did not come easily to the leaders of the 75th, but ultimately, it was made with the approval of all the officers of the squad.

Battleground Europe’s population has been declining for some time. With such a lowered population, the enjoyment of the game has been steadily declining. Additionally, Battleground Europe’s uniqueness has always been a strength, but its prolonged stagnation has become apparent. I and the squad’s officers realize that Cornered Rat Studies is attempting to market the game to foreign markets (e.g. China) and that this has taken away from their ability to improve and add to the game, but we have ultimately come to feel unsatisfied with the lack of updates and player base. It is an amazing game, with a variety of activities, but after having played for several years, many of us feel it is time to move on and explore new avenues of fun with our free time.

This message is not meant to imply that none of us will ever return to Battleground Europe. Speaking for myself personally, I plan on returning to the game from time to time to check up on its progress, but it will most likely be at least a year before I myself stop in to see if the Rats have added any new content. Additionally, I plan to leave up the website for several more months, so that those interested in remaining in contact have a chance to communicate with each other.

The 75th Guards and its members shared many feats of achievement together. The squad was recognized for its teamwork, organization, and tenacity both by the Allied High Command and the Axis High Command. The camaraderie and bonds built around this magnificent team will endure, friends having been made and contacts having been acquired that are likely to last a very long time. I thank each and every one of you for your participation, effort, and contributions that made the 75th Guards what is was.

S! To All of You!

Coldwind
C.O., Retired
75th Guards

P.s. While I realize that this e-mail will be saddening to many of you, all hope is not lost. Several of us from the 75th have migrated to a new game, where we have created our own unit and have started to establish ourselves in its community. I will send out another e-mail with further information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    75th Guards Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: