75th Guards Forum Index 75th Guards
75th Guards Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jaws Joins the Coast Guard (Shipping date included)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    75th Guards Forum Index -> Nero's Tavern (Off Topic)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ERRRR, sorry about beibg so dang long winded with that dumb story...
jaws909
Squad X.X.O. / Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kew wrote:
Jaws, Coast Guard ? I think that's great of you to join up with them. I've never met a caostie I did not like.

Ketchikan, Ak is an awesome post to get. But it sounds like you're more interested in homeland security than saving peoples lives. either way I think thats a fine choice you've made for serving your country!

A good friend of mine was the skipper on the CGC, Acushnet out of Ketchikan when another dumbass friend of mine had engine trouble near some serious rocks at low tide. He starting freaking out because he could not get his engine to start and he was drifting towards the rocks. He was screaming MAYDAY MAYDAY and explaining his situation and capt. stevens answered back by asking him if he had thought of dropping his anchor to keep from drifting....

LMAO, I was in a bar when we were all listing to this over the radio and everyone was cracking up. The guy with the boat problem was quite for about a minute or so and came back with a reply. "uhm, thanks for the advice" that was all he said after that. He had a freind coem out to tow him back to town... Poor guy, everyone in town either heard about it or heard it on the radio...........

Haha...you know I think I may have heard that story somewhere...just can't remember where...

As far as Homeland Security vs. Search and Rescue, I'd imagine I'll get a taste of both. Going in initially as a non-rate will give me the chance to explore lots of different areas to find what fits for me, espcially since I'm not limited by my ASVAB scores...
"I just can't stop thinking about how scarey it would be if a flaming homeless guy came running out of the dark right now..."
PvtMaloo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great movie! missing the times...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    75th Guards Forum Index -> Nero's Tavern (Off Topic) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: